As consumers, Daily Deals from sites like Groupon make our lives much more exciting, not to mention, much cheaper. From the perspective of a small business owner, though, there are pros and cons. We are here (with help from an infographic by BuySellAds) to help you decide whether or not daily deals are a good idea for your business!
- Billions of dollars are spent on Daily Deals sites every year, with huge projected growth in the next few years
- Your emails won’t go in the trash: 60% of people subscribed to Daily Deals sites check for Daily Deals emails at least once a day.
- Daily Deals bring in 31% new customers for your business.
- Few repeat customers. Though Daily Deals get people in the door, most small businesses say they are disappointed with their number of returning customers.
- Not much spending: most customers spend the exact amount of their Deal or less.
- The bubble may burst. 55% of Daily Deals subscribers report that they feel overwhelmed with the number of daily emails they receive. These people may unsubscribe from Daily Deals emails in the future.