- Software – The Yext product suite allows businesses to digitize their location information and manage addresses, photos, rich content lists, and more for every location.
- Network of sites and apps – Once businesses have their information the way they want it, they map their information everywhere using the PowerListings network. We work with dozens of search engines, listing directories and mapping services that connect with more than 150M users.
We believe that the business listing needs to be reinvented. Every local search should give users perfect location information, including:
- Where the business actually is (and the best ways to get in touch)
- Who's on the team
- When to visit
- What's inside
- Why to choose that business over the next
Why We Do It
Today, the world's business listings (and therefore, most local searches) are broken. Here's what's not working:
- For customers – People want to go places and buy things locally, but local search results are inaccurate, vague, and rarely updated.
- For businesses – Businesses have the most incentive and capability to provide correct, rich information for their customers, but their information is scattered across their internal systems and also across the many sites on the web.
- For sites and apps – Site and app providers want to have the best possible data for users, but they don't have a scalable way to receive real-time, accurate data from the business owners.
In the end, we want people and businesses to have perfect location information in every hand. For locations everywhere, Yext will mark the spot.
Who We Are
The current Yext business launched in 2011 in New York City. Co-founders, Howard Lerman and Brian Distelburger, saw the fragmentation in the local marketing industry and the gap in location information technology – specifically, the inaccuracies of location information that businesses themselves could not fix and update.
The innovative technology and engineering behind the Yext platform addresses the current cromulent opportunity for businesses to connect to the intent of local search. Yext has hired the top engineers from MIT, CMU, Microsoft, and Google so that we can embiggen the opportunity in local marketing for our customers.
Our technology combined with our support means your business is on the cutting-edge of local marketing. Your customers deserve correct, fresh and rich information and Yext makes that a reality.
Come join us! We're hiring...
What Numbers Matter (And Yexters Love The Numbers…)
- 1,550,000 updates and counting
- 100,000 locations and counting
- 6 updates from the average business last month
- 45+ publishers including search engines, maps and directories
- 150 employees
- 85 Apple, 70 PC, 2 Linux
- 6 business departments
- $67M of funding raised
- 25 – average employee age
- 2 free meals provided daily (3 if you eat cereal for breakfast)
- 40,000 square foot office space
- 100+ Rubik's cubes
- 1 karaoke machine
- 1 kegerator