When it comes to location data, recent Yext research shows that the healthcare industry has a crisis on its hands. Why? An analysis of over 1,800 physicians and healthcare facilities (across over 15,000 online listings) found these troubling statistics:
- 68% of listings had a name-related error
- 29% of healthcare facilities lacked accurate phone numbers
- 48% of facilities’ listings contained basic address errors that misdirected patients
- 32% lacked an online, local listing – that’s 3.6x greater than the unlisted average (8.68%) of other businesses!
This is made even more serious when you consider that in the healthcare industry, there is no room for error. Minutes can mean the difference between life and death, yet nearly a third of all facilities and practitioners lack any local listings, and close to half of the healthcare listings that do exist have significant inaccuracies.
While the healthcare industry in general has a long way to go in correcting these issues, many healthcare providers have begun to recognize the critical importance of location data management, and are making major investments in comprehensive technology solutions. One such provider is Steward Health, the second largest healthcare system in New England, which uses Yext’s platform to ensure accurate, up-to-date, and complete location data in order to improve the patient experience and limit the risk of inaccurate or missing information in a patient’s moment of need.
“It’s imperative that we get our facility and physician data right everywhere,” said Brian Carty, Steward Health Care CMO. “Mobile patients often engage with us through search first, and they need to find us easily, no matter what device they are using. Steward Health Care prides itself on attracting top physicians, and by ensuring their listings are accurate across all channels, we help them provide our patients with the best possible care.”
Today Yext released a new whitepaper, “Healthcare’s Location Data Crisis: Improving the Mobile Patient’s Journey,” to help healthcare organizations better understand the state of their industry’s mobile search ecosystem, and why efficient location data management is more critical than ever.
The whitepaper details everything your organization needs to know to address the crisis head-on, including:
- How the evolving patient journey necessitates the provision of accurate location data
- What constitutes location data
- How your organization can turn its location data crisis into opportunity to improve the patient experience and physician relations
- Yext for Healthcare, our recent industry-specific enhancements to our platform that help health systems of all sizes solve their location data challenges both inside their organizations and across patient-facing websites, apps, maps, and search engines.
Click here to download the whitepaper today!