PROSPECTIVE TALENT AND JOB APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE
(Effective Date: December 20, 2019)
This Job Applicant Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) applies to prospective talent and job applicants and tells you how Yext Inc. or the Yext company that you have applied to (“Yext”, “we” or “us”) processes personal data in connection with the talent sourcing, application and selection process. It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which Yext carries out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the Your Rights section.
We may also provide you with additional information when we collect personal data, where we feel this would be helpful to provide relevant and timely information.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Yext collects and processes the following types of personal data about you in connection with the talent sourcing, application and selection process.
- Contact details: such as your name, home address, email address, phone number;
- Information relating to your career: such as job history, academic background, qualifications, professional and personal competencies and skills, your job expectations;
- Information about your history of remuneration & benefits and your salary expectations;
- Information relating to your employment references (you will have ensured you have obtained consent from your references prior to providing us the information);
- Information collected as part of the hiring process such as assessments and aptitude tests;
- Identification information, as part of the pre-hiring process: such as copies of identification documents, immigration status, and where permitted, information concerning your race and ethnicity (for diversity monitoring purposes);
- Any other information you submit to us as part of the recruitment process.
Such personal data may be collected in different ways: it may be contained in your CV, in your application form, your identification document, or may be gathered from interviews or assessments you take during the recruitment process. In some cases, it may also be collected from third parties, for example when seeking employment references or if we receive details of a certification or training you obtained. We may also receive your CV from recruiters and the results of verification and vetting checks from background checking providers. As part of our talent sourcing programme, we often obtain your contact details from Linkedin or other publicly available professional networking platforms or directories in accordance with the platform terms and where your privacy settings permit this so we can contact you to tell you about potential job opportunities.
Unless specifically responding to a question asked by us please do not include any sensitive data as part of your application, i.e. information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership, health status or sexuality, or information regarding criminal convictions. If we do require this information in connection with your application, this will be highlighted to you where we will obtain any necessary consents or acknowledgements.
Yext is committed in leveraging each applicant skills and competencies to find the right match for a role in the organisation as opportunities arise.
If you are successfully hired, Yext keeps this information for the course of the employment relationship and, to the extent permitted, after termination of employment. The protection of your personal data will then be governed by the applicable Yext Employee Data Privacy Notice.
If your application is not successful, we may retain and use your personal data for a further fixed period in accordance with our record retention protocols in order to consider you for other job opportunities where permitted by applicable law and/or for as long as necessary to comply with legal record retention requirements. If you do not wish us to retain your personal data, please contact us at the email address set forth in the Contact Us section below. Please note, however, that some information may be retained as necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
WHY WE COLLECT, USE AND STORE PERSONAL DATA
Yext processes this personal data for the following purposes:
- As required to establish and perform the employment contract. This includes processing your application for a specific job.
- Where necessary for Yext’s or another third party’s legitimate interests, as listed below, and where these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
- Sourcing talent and administrating the recruitment process,
- Managing the selection process, making appropriate employment offer,
- Protecting our legitimate business interests and legal rights, and where permitted,
- Where permitted, analysing and monitoring the diversity of the applicants, in accordance with applicable laws. This includes for example, compliance with equal opportunity employment laws,
- Carrying out background checks to verify the details you have supplied during the recruitment process.
We have carried out balancing tests for all the personal data processing we carry out on the basis of legitimate interests, which we have described above. You can obtain information on any of our balancing tests by contacting us at the email address set forth in the Contact Us section below.
- Where required by applicable laws. Immigration documentation is processed to ensure the candidate is entitled to work on the territory where the job is located.
- To comply with specific provisions of law concerning personal data processing at work or for reasons of substantial public interest as determined by local law.
Personal data will be transferred to other Yext companies, branches and service providers, including outside the EU and the UK (once the UK has ceased to be a member of the EU) and/or Switzerland to the countries included in the Contact Us Section below (as applicable), and will be stored and processed manually and electronically through global systems and tools for the purposes above. Yext has appropriate safeguards in place to protect this personal data, including standard contractual clauses. To obtain a copy of the document being used to protect your personal data, please contact us using the information in the Contact Us section below.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS SHARED
We share some of your information with other members of the Yext companies to administer and manage the talent sourcing and recruitment process. We also share your information with any other Yext company to whom you make an application or with whom you communicate. Where this requires us to transfer your personal information outside of the EEA, please refer to the International Transfers Section above for further details on cross-border transfers.
Your personal data will also be shared with companies providing services under contract to the Yext companies such as software and data storage providers. In addition, it may also be shared with government authorities, regulators and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law and if required for the legal protection of Yext’s legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Yext has taken appropriate technical, administrative, physical and procedural security measures, consistent with local and international information practices, to protect the personal data from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, loss, alteration, or destruction. These measures include:
- Physical safeguards, such as locked doors and file cabinets, controlled access to our facilities, and secure destruction of media containing personal data.
- Technology safeguards, such as use of anti-virus and endpoint protection software, passwords, encryption, and monitoring of our systems and data centres to ensure compliance with our security policies.
- Organizational safeguards, through training and awareness programs on security and privacy, to ensure employees understand the importance and means by which they must protect personal data, as well as through privacy policies and policy standards that govern how Yext treats personal data.
You have the right to ask Yext for a copy of your personal data, to correct, delete or restrict processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide in a structured, machine readable format.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular where we don’t have to process the personal data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement).
Where we have asked for your consent, you may withdraw consent at any time. If you ask to withdraw your consent to Yext processing your personal data, this will not affect any processing which has already taken place at that time. There are exceptions to these rights so that access may be denied, for example, if making the information available would reveal personal information about another person or if Yext is legally prevented from disclosing such information. Relevant exemptions are included in both the GDPR and in local data protection laws. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make.
If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to the data protection authority in the country where you live, work or where we are located. You may also be able to seek a remedy through the courts if you believe that your rights have been breached.
Any aptitude tests taken form part of the application process but are not solely determinative of your outcome or success.
It is important that we maintain up to date records of key information on you. Please notify us of any changes in your personal circumstances as soon as they occur (e.g., change of address,).
Where we require personal data to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such personal data is mandatory: if such personal data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage the recruitment process or meet obligations placed on us. In all other cases, provision of requested personal data is optional. However, we may not be able to process your application properly. You can exercise your rights by using the contact details below.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically. We will update the date at the top of this Privacy Notice accordingly. On some occasions, we may also actively advise you of specific data handling activities or significant changes to this Privacy Notice as required by applicable law.
The data controller for your personal data will be Yext Inc. and the Yext company to whom you are applying for a job.
If you have questions about this Privacy Notice or wish to contact us for any reason in relation to our personal data processing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or at the address set forth below for the applicable Yext company.
61 9th Avenue
New York, NY 10011
United States of America
|Yext (Canada) Corp.
100 King Street West
1 First Canadian Place
Toronto, ON M5X 1G5
2 Great Titchfield Street
7th Floor, United Kingdom House
London W1D 1NN
83 avenue de la Grande Armée
75016 Paris France
c/o Genint SA
rue Jean-Calvin 12
|Yext SAS (Italian Branch)
Bastioni di Porta Nuova, 21
|Yext Technologies S.L.U.
Paseo de la Castellana, 200
1018 VN Amsterdam
|Yext Sweden Filial
c/o Baker & McKenzie
SE-101 23 Stockholm
Kantstraße 164, 30. Stock
|Yext Hong Kong Limited
1401, Hutchison House
10 Harcourt Road
Hong Kong, SAR
Toranomon Hills Mori Tower 8F, 1-23-1 Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-6308
|Yext (Shanghai) Software Company Limited
No. 168 Hubin Road Infinitus Tower
Huangpu District, Shanghai