CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS NOTICE FOR JOB APPLICANTS AND PROSPECTIVE TALENT
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Yext is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together “job applicants”) about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. This notice contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT. We collect the following categories of personal information about our job applicants who are California residents:
- Personal and online identifiers (such as first and last name, email address, or unique online identifiers)
- Categories of information described in Section 1798.80(e) of the California Civil Code (such as physical characteristics or description, social security number, driver’s license or state identification number, address, insurance policy number, and bank account number)
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (such as race or gender)
- Professional or employment-related information
- Education information
- Other information about you that is linked to the personal information above
HOW WE USE JOB APPLICANTS’ PERSONAL DATA. We use and disclose the personal information we collect for our business purposes. These business purposes include, without limitation:
- Processing, evaluating, and communicating with you about your application, including to check references or your background, and communicate with you about other jobs that may interest you.
- Other business purposes as identified in the CCPA, which include:
- Auditing related to our interactions with you;
- Legal compliance;
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, fraud, and illegal activity;
- Performing services (for us or our service provider) such as account servicing, processing orders and payments, and analytics;
- Internal research for technological improvement;
- Internal operations;
- Activities to maintain and improve our business; and
- Other one-time uses.
Contact Us. For questions or concerns about Yext’s practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.