(Last Updated: May 8, 2017)
Deutsche: Datenschutzrichtlinie Yext Mobile App
Français: Politique de Confidentialité de l’appli mobile Yext
Español: Política de privacidad de la aplicación móvil Yext
Nederlands: Privacybeleid Yext mobiele App
Yext, Inc., 1 Madison Ave, 5th Fl New York, NY 10010 (“Yext“, “us” or “we“) has self-certified to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks. Please click here to view our Privacy Shield Notice.
- Information that we collect about you.
- What we do with the information that we collect.
- With whom we share the information we collect.
- Advertising and our opt-out policy/do not track.
- Our policy on correcting and updating Personal Information and deactivation of your account.
- Privacy Shield.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Information Provided by You Upon Registration. When you register for an account on an Application, we may collect some or all of the following voluntarily provided information that allows us to identify you (“Personal Information“):
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Business name
- Business URL
Information Provided When You Contact Us. When you voluntarily fill out a form indicating that you wish to partner with Yext, we may collect the following Personal Information:
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Business name
- Business URL
If you do not provide your personal data to us, you will not be able to register for the Application or partner with us, as the case may be.
Location Information. If you consent to us doing so, we may collect Personal Information regarding your current location while you are using the App.
Passively Collected Information. In addition to the information that you may provide upon download and/or registration, the Application may collect and store certain information automatically, even if you are not logged into the Application, including but not limited to the following:
- Device and usage information – that may include (i) information specific to the device you use to access the Application (including, but not limited to, make, model, operating system, advertising identifier, language, carrier and similar information) and (ii) information about your use of features, functions, or notifications on the device;
- Mobile analytics – such as how often you use the Application, the events that occur within the Application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the Application was downloaded from. We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Software on your phone. This software may record information. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any Personal Information you submit within the Application.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
If you provide Personal Information to us for a certain reason, we will use the Personal Information in connection with the reason for which it was provided. In particular:
- Information Provided by You Upon Registration. We may use this Personal Information to administer your access to the Application, verify your identity, and provide our services to you.
- Information Provided When You Contact Us. We may use this Personal Information to understand and respond to your request to partner with us.
- Personalizing Your Experience With Us and Marketing. We may also use your Personal Information (in aggregate or pseudonymized form where required by applicable law) to improve and personalize your experience with us.
- Passively Collected Information. We use passively collected information (in aggregate or pseudonymized form where required by applicable law) to monitor and maintain the performance of the Application, analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our services, validate users and ensure their technological compatibility with users, and optimize our marketing efforts. With your consent as required by applicable law, we may also combine your advertising identifier with other information, including Personal Information.
- Aggregate data. We may use your Personal Information to create aggregate data which does not include any Personal Information and which cannot be used to identify you. For example, aggregate data may include data that describes the general demographics, usage or other characteristics of the Application’s users and the domain names of our users’ Internet service providers. We reserve the right to transfer and/or sell aggregate or group data about the Application’s users for lawful purposes.
- Marketing. We may use your email address and phone number for marketing purposes, to the extent you consented. If you consented to the use of your email address and phone number for marketing purposes, your consent wording is as follows: “I consent to the use of my email address and phone number to receive emails or calls from Yext, Inc. containing news and promotions.”
US Residents – Amended Telemarketing Sales Rule. For U.S. residents, with your consent, by submitting your e-mail address via an Application and/or obtaining services from us, you agree to receive e-mail marketing from us. In addition, you agree that such act constitutes a purchase, an inquiry and/or an application for purposes of the Amended Telemarketing Sales Rule, 16 CFR 310 et seq. (the “ATSR“). Notwithstanding that your telephone number may be listed on the Federal Trade Commission’s Do-Not-Call List, we retain the right to contact you via telemarketing in accordance with the ATSR. Moreover, by registering with or requesting information from a third party partner, such action shall constitute a purchase, an inquiry and/or an application with the respective third party partner for purposes of the ATSR and you may be contacted via e-mail, direct mail and/or telemarketing by such third party partner in accordance with the ATSR.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Service Providers. We, like many businesses, sometimes hire other companies (“Service Providers“) to perform certain business-related functions for us. Examples include mailing information, maintaining databases and hosting services. When we employ a Service Provider to perform a function of this nature, we provide it with the information that it needs to perform its specific function, which may include Personal Information and other information that you provide to us via the Application. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us and in accordance with our specific instructions.
Legal Requirements. We may disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a subpoena or similar legal obligation, (b) protect and defend our rights or property, (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of any Application or the public, (d) protect against legal liability, or (e) or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
Business Transfers. As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Information may be part of the transferred assets. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Application of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
Aggregate Data. We may disclose aggregate data for lawful purposes. We may also create internal reports on aggregated user demographics and traffic patterns and share these reports with our Service Providers and partners.
ADVERTISING AND OUR OPT-OUT POLICY/DO NOT TRACK
Yext may use the information received to provide you with advertising based on your browsing activities and interests. To opt-out of targeted advertising delivered by us, you should be able to adjust the advertising settings on your mobile device or to opt-out of interest-based ads on a company by company basis, you can click here (or if located in the European Union, here).
If you allow the Application to send you push notifications, we may send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running, to the extent you consented. If you consented to the use of your personal data for marketing purposes via push notifications, your consent wording is as follows: “I consent to the use of my personal data to receive push notifications from Yext, Inc. about Yext, Inc.’s events and promotions.” If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level.
We do not take action in response to do-not-track signals at this time. To stop all collection of information by the Application, uninstall the Application from your device. To withdraw consent for our collection, use, and transfer of precise location information, you should be able to adjust the location settings on your mobile device. For instructions on how to use these tools, please see your device settings. To stop receiving marketing e-mails from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions in the marketing email or send an e-mail with your e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org. To stop receiving marketing phone calls from us, please send an email with your e-mail address and phone number to email@example.com.
Service Related Announcements. We will also send you service related e-mail announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an e-mail. You do not have an option to opt out of these e-mails, which are not promotional in nature.
OUR POLICY ON CORRECTING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DEACTIVATING YOUR ACCOUNT
You may have the right under applicable law to access, correct, update or delete your Personal Information or to object to the processing of your Personal Information or pseudonymized data derived therefrom, or you may want to deactivate your account. To do so, please email our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org with information necessary for us to process your request. We will respond to your request to access your Personal Information within 30 days. We may need to verify your identity before granting access to Personal Information in our custody or control.
If your account is deactivated, we will generally either delete or anonymize your Personal Information immediately thereafter so that it is no longer possible to identify you, unless there is a specific legal reason why we need to retain your Personal Information for a longer period of time.
Yext participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks regarding the collection, use and onward transfer of personal data from the European Economic Area and Switzerland. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Frameworks, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website.To learn more about Yext’s participation in the Privacy Shield Frameworks, please see Yext’s Privacy Shield Notice.
Other Websites and Applications. The Application may contain links to third party owned and/or operated websites and/or applications. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these third parties. We suggest that you contact these third parties directly for information regarding their privacy, security and data practices.
Security and Retention. We take commercially reasonable steps to protect information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, no Internet transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any information to us or to any other party via the Internet. The security of your information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as login credentials) on the Application, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). If you have any questions about security on the Application, you can contact us at email@example.com. We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Minors. Visitors under 13 years of age are not permitted to use and/or submit their Personal Information to any Application. We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from visitors under 13 years of age. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to participate and monitor the interactive activities of their children.
1 Madison Ave, 5th Fl
New York, NY 10010
United States of America