Facebook Is Huge in Local
When we started thinking about what we wanted to do next, we asked ourselves, where do we spend the most time?
The first answer is, of course, physical places. But the second is digital destinations – like Facebook. And then layer those two… the digital versions of those physical places. At Yext, we love to check-in, to comment, to post photos, etc. from our favorite spots.
Today, Facebook is one of the largest sources of local information online. With more than a billion users worldwide, it’s capturing about 13% of all local search (which is a lot!) as people check into locations, see where their friends visited, and look up their favorite spots for deals and information.
Local search is also closely tied to mobile usage. As 25% of time across all mobile devices is spent on Facebook, it’s an ideal place to find people when they are on the go. And with its new products, Nearby and Graph Search, Facebook is getting more local every day.
So it’s essential that your business takes control of your presence and get into local search on Facebook. And we’re making it easy with Yext Sync for Facebook.
Yext Sync for Facebook Gets You in Local Search
Facebook populates its local search results with location Pages from businesses as well as user-generated Pages. So even if you haven’t built Pages for your locations, chances are, they exist and are appearing in search results, but not accurately representing your business.
Our software makes it easy to take control by creating and organizing location Pages for your business.
With Yext Facebook Sync you can:
- Instantly update your location information on Facebook from your Yext account
- Choose what fields to sync from your Yext account, so that you can decide if there are sections you want to manage separately (and word differently) in Facebook
- Add your category, business descriptions, hours and more to your Facebook Page
- Your customers come to your Page to learn more about you, so show them what makes your business different
- Share up-to-date photos of your business
- The digital representation of your business should change as quickly as your physical business does
- Add your Content Lists (your Products and Services, Events, Bios or Menus) as custom tabs
- Customize your location Page with your PowerListings+ Content Lists so your customers have information at their fingertips about why to choose your business – and your Page stands out with custom content
- Post reviews from across the web on your Facebook Page
- Make your great reviews go further by sharing them as posts with two easy clicks on your Facebook Page. There’s no reason the review on Yahoo! should stay on Yahoo! – share it with all your customers to help them make purchasing decisions
- Create and share your business moments with our new iPhone app
- Your business is made of moments – from the first time a customer stops into your business, to the smile of a job well done. Capturing and sharing those authentic business moments is the key to engagement online and on social
- Our new Facebook-first iPhone app makes it easy to capture those business moments with our custom camera and filter no matter where you are and share them with your customers on Facebook or any of your PowerListings
- Monitor your Likes, Check-ins, and more on your Facebook Page in Yext
- We know you care about more than just Likes on your Facebook Page, so our technology includes ‘Were Here’ and “Talking About’ in the Reporting section of our platform to help you optimize
- If you have more than one Page, you can monitor metrics from them all in one place – including Likes across all your location Pages
Pages that include updated information and fresh content receive higher levels of engagement, which will ultimately determine search result ranking, so get started now for an early mover advantage with Yext Sync for Facebook.
Sync for Facebook is included at no extra change and it takes minutes to get set up. Learn more about Yext Sync for Facebook here and contact your Account Manager.