The best way to attract customers this holiday season is to show what makes your business unique and why they should choose you over the competition. With Black Friday and Small Business Saturday already here, shopping is on everyone's mind.
With millions of customers heading to stores to shop for holiday gifts and to take advantage of seasonal deals retailers need to use every marketing tool possible to get people into their doors. So here are a few tips for ensuring customers can find your business and make it to your front door.
- Seasonal Categories
- Most people don't have a specific business or location in mind when they search. Relevant categories will help them find you in local search.
- Instead of just "clothing" "hardware" "flowers", try adding a seasonal keyword like "gift" "holiday" or "decorations" to return in more results.
- Updated Hours
- Chances are you've changed your hours for the busy season. Make them easy for your customers to find.
- Update your hours across everywhere customer might be looking – local listings, social media profiles and even your website.
- Just remember to change them back after the season is over!
- Holiday Ads and Messages
- Show your customers you're as prepared for the holiday as they are. If you have new products, limited-time sales, or other holiday messages share them where your customers are looking, like in local search.
- Yext subscribers can update their Featured Messages and change them throughout the season to continue to attract new customers.
- Product Availability
- The best way to get a customer to your door is to let them know what's in your store. Whether it's the must-have toy or the latest tech tool, your products distinguish you from the competition.
- Share up-to-date product availability for each individual location or circulars that show your customer what to expect, like with Yext Content Lists.
Your customers are already out there researching businesses like yours. Make it easier for them to find you online and off this holiday season.