Yext, the global leader in location data management, today announced Yext For Healthcare, industry-specific enhancements to the Yext Location Management Platform that will help health systems of all sizes solve their office, facility, and physician location data challenges both inside their organizations and across patient-facing websites, apps, maps, and search engines.
“With the Affordable Care Act (ACA), widespread provider consolidation, and physicians changing affiliations regularly, healthcare companies need a system of record to manage complex and dynamic information about their business,” said Marc Ferrentino, Yext EVP of Strategy. “Yext For Healthcare does just that, providing the ability to manage location and physician data across our PowerListings® network of maps, apps, social networks and search engines—including Google and Apple Maps—that patients use to find providers in critical moments of need.”
The depth of healthcare’s location data crisis can be seen in Yext’s recent analysis of 1,800 physicians and healthcare facilities across 15,000 listings in which it was discovered that:
- Nearly one-third (31.5%) lacked an online, local listing. That’s 3.6x greater than the unlisted percentage of other businesses (8.68%).
- Of the listed healthcare facilities, 48% contained basic address errors that could result in misdirected patients.
- 29% of healthcare facilities were also missing accurate phone numbers.
In other industries, bad online information may result in a lost sale or frustrated customer. However, when one’s health is at stake, bad location data can put patients at risk. Indeed, recent research from the Pew Research Center found that 62% of smartphone owners have used their phone in the past year to look up information about a health condition while 67% use their smartphone for turn-by-turn directions.
BAYADA Home Health Care is experiencing first-hand how mobile search is transforming the way they do business, “When I started, mobile users were 40% of our site traffic. A year and a half later they’re 50% and still growing,” said Richard Ortiz, BAYADA Senior Associate, Business Analytics. “It’s a huge priority for us to ensure all our digital marketing strategies revolve around mobile optimization.”
“The reality is that our business is constantly changing — office addresses, phone numbers, and types of services being updated,” Ortiz continued. “Before we engaged Yext, there was a ton of outdated information out there, and we just couldn’t keep up. Now, with Yext for Healthcare, we’ve seen a 600% increase in our local office page views. We chalk this up to finally having a single source of truth for all of our office location data that helps us serve existing clients better while increasing brand awareness from local search.”
With Yext For Healthcare as the source of truth for office, facility, and physician location data, healthcare providers of all sizes can:
- Improve the patient experience with accurate location data online, all the time, across desktop and mobile devices.
- Attract and retain more patients with a seamless journey from local search to in-person appointment.
- Save time and money by eliminating the internal inefficiencies caused by location data conflicts.
- Ensure physician specialties, contact information, and facility affiliations are up-to-date.
- Eliminate duplicative location data that hinders local search performance.
“Healthcare is an inherently local service, and smartphones have fundamentally changed how patients find and engage with local healthcare providers,” said Howard Lerman, Yext Co-Founder & CEO. “We’re proud that Yext For Healthcare not only helps healthcare providers navigate the changing informational landscape but also allows them to focus on what they do best: serving patients in times of need.”