Hurricane Sandy caused major outages across the eastern seaboard and businesses are using Yext to update their listings with critical information in real time.
Yext customers made 600+ updates on Monday alone, sharing local information with their neighbors to help prepare as the storm approached landfall. Here are a few examples:
- Announcements about opening hours allowed real-time sharing of where customers could come into specific locations.
- “Offices closed due to hurricane sandy send email”
- “Closed Monday due to Hurricane. Stay Safe.”
- “Due to Storm, we will be closed thru Wed, Oct 31st”
- Preparation offers and product availability let customers know what products and services were available.
- “Hurricane Special – Free 10 Hour Battery Backup”
- “Storm Damage? Call us”
- A large retail bank shared local information across the internet for 300+ locations at the same time.
- The bank’s team created a specific grouping on the Yext platform to identify all the branches within the hurricane’s path
- The bank updated closure information in a message across more than 50 websites
- The “special offers” line directed customers to phone customer service personnel
If possible, we encourage our customers to update their listings across the web using the Yext platform with their hours of operation, any available critical products, and updated information. For those who can, we hope that our customers will offer promotions and updates for those in need as the areas affected by Hurricane Sandy recovers.