There is no doubt that smartphones and other mobile devices are becoming an integral part of our every day life. Smartphones can be extremely helpful for looking up directions, researching purchases or just looking for a place to eat. With mobile usage on the rise it's important that local business owners understand how they can take advantage of the change in customer behavior. Here are 10 interesting statistics showing why local businesses need to pay attention to mobile.
- 70% of smartphone users use their device when shopping in-store.
- Only 33% of advertisers have a mobile optimized website.
- There are 5 billion mobile users, 5x bigger than teh PC-based market.
- 61% of local searches result in purchases.
- 50% of smartphone shoppers use a GPS/mapping app to find a retail location
- 79% of mobile owners have used their device for shopping related activities
- 62% of smartphone owners have used their device to check prices.
- 71% of smartphone users have searched after seeing an ad.
- It took 4 years for the internet to reach 50 millions users. It only took the iPhone 2.
- There are 4x as many smartphone users as PC owners
For more interesting mobile usage statisticscheck out our full infographic here.