Caused by inconsistent or inaccurate business listings, duplicate listings are additional records of business information that can impact a company's online presence. The solution to this problem? Duplicate Suppression, a Yext Listings feature that addresses the duplicate listings issue at the source.
Annoying, time consuming, and nearly impossible to fix manually, duplicate listings can continue to pop up even after being fixed because it is often out of a business' control to correct these listings at the publisher level. Yext's Duplicate Suppression tool is able to deactivate duplicate listings from over 100 publishers within the Publisher Network so only authoritative listings are pushed live.
With Duplicate Suppression, marketers have access to:
- Automatic Duplicate Detection: Proprietary technology that automatically identifies the listings to suppress from the listings to optimize
- Unlimited Suppression: Suppress all the duplicate listings for a business location. Because Yext believes complete should mean complete
- Publisher-Level Suppression: There are many ways duplicate listings get created, but only one way to solve them before they reach customers, and that's at the publisher source. Yext works directly with over 100 publishers to ensure duplicates are suppressed correctly and effectively
- Suppression Status and Verification: Suppressing duplicates requires an ongoing signal to the publisher. Yext's proprietary API connections let us constantly share this information with publishers and notifies users with the status of their duplicates
- Duplicate Redirects: Redirect traffic from duplicate listings to a root listing, preserving hard-earned SEO and listing traffic
Duplicate Suppression is crucial to any local SEO strategy because a search engine's success depends upon delivering reliable content to its users, and so in their own self-interest, search engines rank businesses based on the quality and accuracy of their content online. Duplicate listings dilute a business' reliability in its online information, which lowers the business' value and place on a SERP.
Yext solves the duplicate listings problem with Duplicate Suppression, ensuring that your business gains maximum visibility online. Learn more about how Yext can help optimize your business' local SEO with Duplicate Suppression.